You can add more features & apps by simply selecting the software you need, we call this plugins. Plugins are possible due to the modular design of openmediavault and are the prefered way to extend your NAS. It is still possible to install regular software or containerized software like Docker. Plugins only exist for your convenience.
Compared to adding regular software, plugins offer the following benefits:
- Easier to install - You just click on what you want.
- Easier to configure - it is often preconfigured so you don’t have to.
- Automatic updates - ensure Stability & Security.
- A Webinterface - is added when needed for your ease of use.
The following is the list of official plugins by openmediavault.
- ClamAV: Provides Clam AntiVirus (ClamAV). It is a free software, cross-platform and open-source antivirus software toolkit able to detect many types of malicious software, including viruses
- Diskstats: Complementary plugin to extend system statistics collection by adding I/O statistic graphs.
- Forked-daap: Provides a daap protocol music server.
- LVM2: LVM managing. Create volume groups and logical partitions.
- NUT: Controlling and configuring UPS. The driver support is based on NUT.
- Shairport: Provides Airtunes emulator. Stream music wirelessly to your iPod/iPad/iPhone/iTunes.
- ShareRootFs: Provides shared directories on root file system.
- SNMP: Provides Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP). SNMP is an Internet Standard protocol for collecting and organizing information about managed devices on IP networks.
- TFtp: Provides Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP). TFTP is a simple lockstep File Transfer Protocol which allows a client to get a file from or put a file onto a remote host.
- USB Backup: Backup internal data to external disks on scheduled basis or on plug drive event.