openmediavault 6.x documentation¶
openmediavault is a complete network attached storage (NAS) solution based on Debian Linux.
- It’s available for x86-64 and ARM platforms.
- Features a full Web Administration interface.
- Can be controlled via SSH, if enabled.
- Access to file storage is possible with a variety of different protocols such as FTP, SMB/CIFS or NFS and can be controlled with Access Right Management for users and groups.
openmediavault is primarily designed to be used in home environments or small home offices, but is not limited to those scenarios. It is a simple and easy to use out-of-the-box solution that everyone can install and administer without needing expert level knowledge of Networking and Storage Systems.
The system is built on a modular design and can be easily extended with plugins available right after installation of the base system. Additional 3rd-party plugins are available via the OMV-Extras repository.
- Press releases, reviews and external references